Shigo Student Support Fund Online Application
Shigo Student Support Fund
The goal of the Shigo Student Support Fund is to expand educational opportunities for students involved in arboriculture in New England.
The NEC-ISA provides grants to improve the academic achievement of students in New England in the field of arboriculture. The proposed educational work should deepen their knowledge of the subject.
Up to $400 per request.
What Can Funds Be Used For?
Funds may be used for resource materials, registration fees, transportation, and lodging.
- Students/applicants must reside or attend school in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont) and be pursuing a career in the field of arboriculture or a related field.
- Preference will be given to NEC-ISA opportunities and opportunities in New England.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Applicants are encouraged to plan ahead, well in advance of the event. Applications will be reviewed by the NEC-ISA Board of Directors.
Please send a statement (250-500 words) to NEC-ISA that addresses the following 3 items:
- Describe your educational needs and expected outcomes,
- Describe your funding needs, and
- If the educational opportunity is located outside of New England, describe why travel outside of the region is necessary (e.g., representing New England in competition, opportunity not offered in the region, etc.).
Apply Online (below) or Mail application to:
P.O. Box 435
Norwell, MA 02061