Urban and Community Forestry Environmental Justice Coordinator
LocationSt. Paul, MN , Other
This position will work to create equitable access to urban and community forest benefits for historically disenfranchised and Black, Indigenous, and people of color communities. It aims to reverse the disinvestment of the past and forge mutually beneficial relationships between people and urban landscape.
The person in this position will use collective community engagement to develop and implement actionable solutions that equitably provide urban and community forest benefits, including improving the quality, quantity, value, and function of trees; connecting people to employment pathways in the tree service sector; and assisting in the growth, maintenance, and planting of new trees.
This position will play a key role in the Urban and Community Forestry Program, Division of Forestry’s environmental justice efforts. Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying where community needs and interests intersect with opportunities that the Urban and Community Forestry Program and partners can provide.
- Fostering collaboration among organizations to improve environmental justice through urban and community forestry.
- Developing and implementing effective communication strategies to enhance urban and community forestry environmental justice.
- Enhancing the understanding of how tree canopy improves community resilience to human health and stress factors such as climate change, air pollution, and excessive heat.
- Increasing the positive impact of tree canopy in historically disenfranchised communities while addressing community concerns.
- Providing recommendations to help local, state, and national organizations overcome systemic barriers to program participation.
Find out More and Apply Online (Search Job ID 45712)