Tree Climber/Bucket Operator
LocationGloucester , Massachusetts
Tree Climber/ Technician
- Punctual and reliable.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL a plus), a current DOT card and clean driving record.
- Willing and able to work outdoors under varying (sometimes adverse) weather conditions and on mixed terrain.
- Possess physical strength and agility (able to lift and move up to 50lbs), good balance, good depth perception and the ability to hear verbal instructions from a distance.
- Ability to recognize and quickly remove him/herself from a potential danger area.
- Knowledgeable (willing and able to learn more) about the daily maintenance and safe operation of all equipment commonly used in their division.
- Open minded, capable of creative thinking and on-site problem solving.
- Able to identify most common landscape plants, shrubs and trees, along with their coinciding pests and pathogens.
- Working knowledge of knots, ropes and rigging devices used in tree pruning and tree removals.
- Familiar with electrical hazards and appropriate operating procedures when in proximity to electrical conductors.
- Willing and able to safely maneuver and perform strenuous manual labor at considerable heights, using rope and safety saddle or aerial lift.
- Willing and able to administer and implement emergency rescue techniques, including tree rescue and all applicable first aid techniques.
- Minimum of 1 year of climbing and bucket operation experience.
- ISA or MAA Arborist Certification is encouraged but not required.