LocationNorwich , Connecticut
Lucas Tree Experts, a leader in the tree care industry, is looking for an experienced Field Safety Trainer. This position will be based out of Norwich, CT. Applicants must be willing to travel, stay out of town overnight and possess a valid driver's license, CDL Class A or B is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have a safety first mindset, be highly motivated, well organized, works well with others in a training environment and able to teach skill to others effectively. Previous experience in the tree care industry, specifically Utility Line Clearance, which includes but is not limited to bucket trimming, climbing, and tree removal techniques, etc.
- Must be comfortable working in the great outdoors and able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel as the position requires (Must have passport or able to obtain).
- Must be able to accept responsibility as well as follow written and verbal orders.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Should obtain and maintain first aid certification.
- Must pass the Electrical Hazards Program within the first 30 days of employment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that is in good standing as defined by Lucas Tree Experts.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain licenses & certifications such as CTSP (Certified Tree Care Safety Professional), Arborist, Pesticide and CDL.
- Experience with bucket trimming and climbing required.
- Must have good computer and presentation skills
- Must be able to work outdoors under varying and sometimes adverse weather and environmental conditions.
- Able to walk on uneven ground and lift 75 lbs on a regular basis.
- Lucas Tree requires the successful completion of a post offer physical with drug screen and Background Check with MVR.
Lucas Tree Experts offers paid, hands-on training, utilizing our Operational Training Manual as a road map for advancement; this also includes paying for employees to obtain necessary licensing as well as paid educational courses for advancement in the industry. We offer great wage incentives & a complete benefits package, including health, life, dental, short & long-term disability, EAP, paid time off and 401(k) w/company match. Also offering employees safety and bonus incentive programs. Come work for a company that offers advancement opportunities and a great quality of work life. To apply for this position, visit