PT Tree Climber
LocationSalem , Massachusetts
Spruced Up is a Woman-Owned business dedicated to providing clients with excellent and thoughtful tree and shrub care. We care about providing a work environment for tree professionals that is diverse, cooperative and friendly.
Spruced Up Tree & Shrub is looking for an experienced, Climber/Lift Operator who is enthusiastic about tree health and preservation. The primary role of the Climber/Lift Operator is to manage the job site for efficiency and safety and to perform all necessary tasks in order to ensure a successful client engagement. Applicants with their own climbing gear are preferred but we’re willing to meet with all qualified and interested candidates.
- Preferred Degree in Horticulture, Arboriculture, Forestry or related fields
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle and back/maneuver a trailer.
- Abide by the rules of a DRUG-FREEworkplace
- Ability to perform physical work for an extended period of time
- Be responsible, reliable and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Knowledge of and experience using tree service safety standards
- Perform all required climbing duties on job assignments; with assistance from Climber Assistant
- Safely operate chainsaws and chipper
- Demonstrate proper application of approved knots, climbing techniques and procedures, pruning skills, and rigging skills
- Demonstrate proper cabling, bracing and propping techniques
- Equipment Care and Maintenance: grease, sharpen blades, clean regularly
- Successfully perform an annual Aerial Rescue training 1x a year
- Must aquire First Aid certification as soon as possible; First Responder training a plus
- Ability and willingness to train Climber Assistant with oversight from Owner
The ideal candidate will be a hard working professional with a passion for tree and shrub care and a cooperative attitude.
Must be available M-F, 3-4 days per week. Please send a short Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
Pay based on experience, $20-26 hr