Project Manager (Manchester, NH)
LocationManchester/Surrounding Area , New Hampshire
Wright Tree Service is seeking a Project Manager.
Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Division Supervisor/Division Manager
- Supervises a team of General Forepersons and their crews, while being responsible for the proper administration, communication and enforcement of supervisory and economic work practices such as policy enforcement, quality and quantity of work production, adherence to and enforcement of safety practice, other employee relations responsibilities, and interpretation and application of Union Agreements if applicable.
- Works with Human Resources regarding employment for crew members including, but not limited to, hiring, discipline, separation of employment, leaves of absence – FMLA/ADA, as well as policy enforcement.
- Interviews potential candidates for hire. Works with Human Resources to follow proper new hire procedures. Must understand Form I-9 process as well as proper interviewing techniques.
- Promotes sound relations with employees on all personnel matters and exercise fair and reasonable judgment in management of employee conflicts while working with Human Resources.
- Participates in training to administer oral drug testing if applicable. Understands obligations related to reasonable suspicion training and process.
- Trains and coaches employees. Evaluate performance and provide feedback as necessary.
- Conducts safety training of assigned personnel in accordance with good safety training procedures. Conducts stand downs and tailgate trainings as applicable.
- Responsible for managing daily production related tasks and ensuring both maintenance and accuracy of all records and reports related to the performance of the crew’s operation. Provides Supervisor/Manager and Utility representative with reports of orders completed, units of work completed, crew time and distribution. May furnish reports on accidents, truck breakdowns, private property damage, and new employee feedback.
- Investigates accident reports, damage claims, and may be a designated representative to settle minor damage or injury claims.
- Responsible for control of crew costs including effective use of manpower, work methods, proper amount of trimming, and operation of equipment.
- Keeps informed of new equipment specifications, standard practices and operating procedures.
- Remains in contact with customers, property owners, general public, other contractors, and representatives of utilities and governmental agencies. Must be professional and courteous when communicating on behalf of Wright Tree Service.
- Communicate and comply with all written Wright Tree Service manuals and materials, including but not limited to, the Foreperson’s Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Works around hazardous equipment and in close proximity to energized power lines.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Is exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Has a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience working on tree trimming or clearing crews and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews.
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and be able to handle stressful situations along with being able to multi-task.
- Has a basic knowledge of trees, including identification, growth habits and correct arboricultural techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applies to working in close proximity to energized conductors.
- Knows and understands the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2000).
- Knows and understands the American National Standards for Proper Pruning (ANSI A300).
- Has an understanding of OSHA rules and guidelines.
- Experience with computers focusing on Microsoft Office products.
- Has a basic knowledge of electrical circuit and must be skilled in the reading and understanding of circuit maps.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbal and in writing, with the general public, customers, and fellow employees.
- Enforces on-the-job safety practices.
- Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Needs to be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
- Possesses the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Has a valid driver’s license (CDL), medical card and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as background check.
- Has ISA Certification.
- Maintains a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
- Has a valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
Wright Tree Service employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.