Plant Health Care Technician
LocationStamford , Connecticut
Almstead PHC (Plant Health Care) Technicians work with the latest technology and information in treating our customers’ plant health care problems. As a PHC Technician, you will possess a strong horticultural background, as well as extensive field skills that will be necessary to help you identify different plants and shrubs, and indicators of possible plant health problems. You will evaluate, monitor and treat for insect and disease conditions as well as soil conditions. You will work closely with Arborists, providing critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to plant health care problems. We work hard at making sure our PHC Technicians are the best in the business, from getting the right people, to continually providing them with the resources, tools, and education they need to remain leaders in the industry.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Evaluate and recommended treatment options.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment.
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Maintain open communication with consulting Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues.
- Two/four year degree in arboriculture, horticulture (or related field), or minimum three years’ industry/field experience.
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work extra hours when needed.
- Knowledge of common trees & shrubs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
Apply Today: Send your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co., 58 Beechwood Avenue, New Rochelle NY 10801, Or email us at [email protected]
We offer a competitive compensation package for full-time employees including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K, and paid vacation/sick/holidays.
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or genetics.