Plant Health Care Specialist (Stamford, CT)
LocationStamford , Connecticut
Almstead Tree and Shrub Care is a second-generation, family-owned arboriculture firm that has been offering environmentally conscious services the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state area since 1964. We are a TCIA accredited company that values our employee’s professional aspirations, career development, safety and quality of life.
We are looking for passionate professionals who want to enhance their career in tree care! We offer generous compensation, year-round work, paid time off, health and retirement benefits, inclusive company culture and so much more! If you are ready to enjoy going to work every day, come grow with us!
Almstead PHC (Plant Health Care) Technicians work with the latest technology and information in treating our customers’ plant health problems. As a PHC Technician, you will possess a strong horticultural background, as well as extensive field skills that will be necessary to help you identify different plants and shrubs, and indicators of possible plant health problems. You will evaluate, monitor and treat for insect and disease conditions as well as soil conditions. You will work closely with Arborists, providing critical feedback and recommending the appropriate treatments to plant health care problems. We work hard at making sure our PHC Technicians are the best in the business, from getting the right people, to continually providing them with the resources, tools, and education they need to remain leaders in the industry.
- Diagnose insect, disease, and cultural/environmental conditions.
- Evaluate and recommended treatment options.
- Ensure proper filling/mixing procedures and material dilution are followed.
- Understand and operate state-of-the-art equipment.
- Learn/understand insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Perform accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Maintain a safe and controlled work environment.
- Adhere to company safety, state and local regulations.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Maintain open communication with consulting Arborists and clients to provide feedback on plant health care issues.
- Two/four year degree in arboriculture, horticulture (or related field), or minimum three years’ industry/field experience.
- Enthusiastic about what you do and the ability to work extra hours when needed.
- Knowledge of common trees & shrubs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical and dental plans with employer contribution, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, and more!
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Company, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.