Inventory Arborist Technician (Shrewsbury, MA)
LocationShrewsbury , Massachusetts
Job Title: Inventory Arborist Technician
Additional Locations: Travel projects typically located in New England & NY. Possible locations throughout the US.
Primary Locations: MA, Shrewsbury, 3 Industrial Drive, 01545
Requisition ID: 180439
We are currently looking to add an Inventory Arborist Technician to our passionate team of environmental professionals. Looking for a great opportunity to grow in a dynamic industry? Want to join highly skilled teams with diverse backgrounds? Join our Foresters, Horticulturalists, Plant Scientists, Ecologists, GIS, and Natural Resource Specialists within the Davey Resource Group! Become part of our energetic workforce, build your career, and emerge as a leader in the green industry. Spend your days outdoors and enjoy an engaging work environment where we apply technology, communication, and teamwork to help bridge the gap between human progress and the natural world.
The Inventory Arborist Technician will provide our government, commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage trees and urban forests by inspecting trees and other vegetation and identifying common defects. Most of the year will be spent on the Urban Forestry Team and will include some traveling. Travel projects are typically located in New England and New York. There may be opportunities for travel throughout the United States. The winter months may include working on our invasive species monitoring program.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and measure local tree species, understand their typical growth rates and recognize indicators of common diseases and pest infestations.
- Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
- Work independently and with attention to detail.
Education and Qualifications:
An individual must be able to perform each essential job duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Two to four year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Science, Plant Biology or related discipline or equivalent experience in similar positions is desired.
- Current Driver's License and Driving Record in good standing.
- Urban forestry experience preferred.
- Proficient working knowledge of computers. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- ISA or MCA preferred but not required.
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
- Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
- Group Health Plan.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
- Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
- Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
- The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
- Charitable matching gift program.
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at [email protected].
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%