LocationProvidence , Rhode Island
Job Summary: The Forster position at PPL supervises the field activities associated with the coordination and execution of the vegetation management program within Rhode Island. These activities include employee and contractor safety oversight, work scope completion, cost efficiency attainment, reliability standards, and customer service interface, which includes frequent direct contact with the public as the lead vegetation personnel for the company. In addition, could include providing expert testimony on behalf of the company involving litigation.
- Lead and direct the activities of the region's vegetation management program for both transmission and distribution planned work, capital projects, and storm response.
- Provide supervision and direction for the safe and productive performance of a skilled workforce. This includes vegetation management contractors to achieve performance objectives and meet safety requirements.
- Responsible to ensuring system wide work practices are being followed in accordance with all related specifications, policies, and procedures of the vegetation management program and PPL Electric Utilities. This also includes clearly understanding and implementation of work standards in accordance with federal reliability standards.
- Serve as PPL Electric Utilities lead personnel on all customer directed inquiries regarding vegetation management clearing work. This includes negotiating with property owners to balance customer satisfaction with scope completion.
- Supervise contractors responsible for the removal, trimming, mowing, herbicide treatment, customer notification and quality assurance of all vegetation management work within a given region.
- Research and analyze new methods and procedures for vegetation management including tools, equipment, crew types and herbicides.
- Acts as the vegetation management lead within a given region for all related environmental issues or concerns pertaining to clearing and treatment activities.
- Responsible for the execution of all vegetation management activities within a given region, which include meeting schedule timelines, achieving quality work scope completion while meeting cost targets.
- The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
- May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
- All positions in which driving is an essential function of the job, regardless if the job code is marked safety sensitive or not, will also be included as safety sensitive.
- A.A. - Forestry Science, Agricultural / Environmental degree, or B.S./B.A. degree
- 5 Years of experience in Utilities, Line Clearance, Maintenance, or Construction.
- Demonstrated expertise/knowledge of energized and deenergized facilities, knowledge of training and clearances.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing workload to maximize budget allotments, accounting, customer relations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and projects.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Familiarity with electric utilities equipment and processes.
- Customer interface experience.
- Strong written, oral, presentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership Skills.
- Experience with outside contractors and their subordinates.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Rhode Island Arborist license
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
For more information:
Search Pennsylvania- Location, Forester Rhode Island: Job # 7490 BR
For specific questions feel free to contact:
Christopher Rooney – 401-642-2246