Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000
Reports to: Officers of the Executive Board
General Duties: Performs administrative, secretarial, and specific financial duties under the direction of the Association officers and Executive Board. Responsible for effective execution of the MTWFA missions and goals. May perform selected duties of the Secretary and/or the Treasurer.
1. Attends monthly Executive Board meetings and other Association functions as directed.
2. Prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
3. Prepares and presents monthly activities report including financial statement.
4. Maintains records of members, conference registrants, exhibitors, and workshop attendees in computerized customer database.
5. Maintains a telephone with voice mail and an email account to communicate with the Executive Board, the membership, and the general public.
6. Responds to or refers correspondence received via phone, fax, e-mail and U.S. Mail.
7. Returns phone calls and e-mails within 24 hours and correspondence within 48 hours.
8. Solicits exhibitors (beginning in September) for Annual Conference Trade Show.
9. Receives and records registrations, pre-conference and on-site.
10. Prepares and copies conference packet inserts.
11. Attends Annual Conference and performs administrative responsibilities.
12. Sends membership invoices in February, after conference payments with current year membership renewals have been received.
13. Receives and records registrations for training workshops.
14. Sends invoices for unpaid conference registrations, conference exhibitors, memberships, workshop attendees, newsletter advertisements, and seedling orders.
15. Receives payments, prepares and make bank deposits.
16. Maintains financial records of all accounts (checking, savings, investment accounts).
17. Assists the Treasurer and the Audit Committee to prepare the Annual Budget.
18. As authorized with signature authority by the President and the Treasurer, pays Association invoices.
19. Assists in making arrangements for meetings, training workshops, and special events including annual holiday party.
20. Solicits advertisers for newsletter, collects ad copy, and sends ad invoices.
21. Responsible for publication of quarterly newsletter, the Bark: collects material, edits articles, prepares layout, arranges for printing and mailing.
22. Assists with social media, website content development and oversees website maintenance.
23. Preps and mails brochures for Annual Conference and Professional Development Series workshops.
24. Creates other publications, flyers, and brochures as needed.
25. Arbor Day Seedling Program: receives order forms and payments; makes deposits; transfers funds from seedling savings into checking account and pays nursery invoices; transfers credit card seedling payments from checking into seedling savings account; sends invoices for unpaid orders. Works closely with Seedling Chairman to prepare price list brochure and maintain financial records.
26. Provides other administrative support to officers and committees as directed.
27. Performs other duties as determined by the Association officers and Executive Board.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a proactive, take charge person.
- Have excellent organizational skills. The successful candidate will be managing several projects at once and should excel and be energized by wearing many hats
- Exhibit great attention to detail
- Be proficient with Quick Books, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Have the ability to manage timelines and be adaptable to change
- Have superior oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Be required to travel to monthly meetings
- Be a resident of Massachusetts
- Have experience in an association or nonprofit setting, ideally
- Have a bachelor’s degree
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the online application. A cover letter is required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 4 years (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 4 years (Preferred)
- executive level: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 4 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday