LocationRochester , New Hampshire
Who you are…
- Open-Minded: open to new ideas, willing to listen and observe, humble
- Love the Outdoors: enjoys varying environments/weather, not afraid to get dirty, adventurous
- Self-Motivated: driven, strong work ethic, willing to “do what it takes”
- Adaptable: can think on your feet, nimble, flexible
- Collaborative: strong people skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback, willing to speak-up
What you’ll do:
- Lead a tight-knit crew, creating and promoting a positive team environment
- Interpret tree trimming, removal and spraying orders initiated by General Foreman or representative of the customer
- Plan and layout daily work for your crew. (Considering time required to complete work, clean-up time, equipment available, weather conditions, customer’s permission, etc.)
- Perform a Pre-Job Hazard Survey at each job site with all crew members and assigns work tasks based on an individual's knowledge skills and abilities.
- Perform line clearing and tree trimming duties for Lewis Tree Service’s utility customers including pruning treetops and limbs, trimming or removal of at-risk/damaged trees as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, etc.
- Climb trees and operate a bucket for trimming and removals in and above the power lines.
- Prepare, operate and maintain all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Remove limbs and brush, cleanup and dispose of debris.
- Safeguard employees and the public from hazards in and around the working area. Enforce on-the-job safety practices.
What you’ll need:
- Two years or more experience working as a Trimmer/Climber, working around utility lines.
- Ability to lead people including strong communication skills
- Knowledge of trees including identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applicable to working close to energized conductors.
- Experience in tree climbing, knot tying and PPE
- Understanding of drawings and symbols representing types of lines, voltage, line equipment, etc.
- Ability to perform physical labor such as lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. to shoulder height or more.
- Capable of operating two-handed equipment (chain saw, circular saw, etc.) and have the physical ability to endure extreme climate variances.
- Willing and able to obtain specialized training and certifications as required, such as:
- Local, state and federal licenses
- First Aid and CPR cards
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and job duty skills tests
- Specialized paid training & certifications
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance plans
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Retirement & savings plans options
- Employee assistance program