Arborist Climber (Woodstock, VT)
LocationWoodstock , Vermont
ArborScape Inc. is a green industry company based in South Pomfret, Vermont. Offering competitive pay, growth potential, and benefits package, our employees can choose from a variety of work tasks - from tree work to equipment operation to landscape management. We are a small but diverse business specializing in tree work, landscape construction, excavation, and trail building. We strive for excellence in the services we provide and work closely with professional contractors, architects, and residential homeowners. Great co-workers, great equipment, and interesting projects!
We are currently hiring a full-time Climber for our professional Tree Work Crew. This individual leads a crew daily to complete assigned tasks, coordinate jobs, and continuously improve safety procedures. The Climber has a full range of specialized skills and experience that can be relied on to complete complex and/or hazardous tree work-related services. We are looking for team players who enjoy the outdoors, working in the green industry, and are eager to learn. Our goal is to put together great people with a great team.
- Will, at all times, adhere to ANSI & ArborScape Safety guidelines
- Able to take direction and always work as a team member, using strong communication and adhering to proper conduct and behavior code
- Performs activities that are varied and complex related to forestry and arboriculture such as tree diagnosis, climbing, pruning, removal, stump grinding, and planting
- Installs proper hardware: cabling, bracing, tying, bolting, staking, and guying trees and branches
- Supervises others engaged in tree trimming work and shares skills to train other crew members
- Collecting debris from tree trimming and removal operations into piles to be handled as each job specifies - hauling, chipping, and maintaining a cleared safe work zone
- Trimming, limbing up, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices
- Participates in gear, tool, and equipment maintenance at the shop and in the field
Skills and requirements for the Climber
- Skill and knowledge to operate and perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner
- Skill to hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and safely lower branches with ropes, or rigging
- Skills in knot tying and practical knowledge of each used in the field.
- Minimum 1 yr. experience in the Field, preferably a Certified Arborist
- The desire to continue skill development, advance education and maintain certifications and accreditations.
- Must have a clean driving record, CDL a plus
- $24 - $29/hour, experience depending
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance supplement benefit
- Supplemental Life & Accident Insurance
- Company Provided PPE & Apparel
- Continued Education Support
- Job Advancement Opportunities
- Weekly Paychecks
- Excellent Customer Service & Work Ethic rewarded with Bonus Pay
ArborScape Inc. stresses the importance of safety on all jobs. All employees need to be aware of dangers in the tree industry and equipped with knowledge on how to avoid them.
Please send all applications and information to Cy at firstname.lastname@example.org