LocationPomfret , Vermont
Job Description & Work Tasks
- Will at all times adhere to ANSI & ArborScape Safety guidelines.
- Able to take direction and always work as a Team Member, using strong communication skills and adhering to proper conduct and behavior code.
- Performs various activities related to forestry and arboriculture such as tree diagnosis, climbing, pruning, removal, stump grinding, cabling, and planting.
- Supervises others engaged in tree trimming work and share skills to train other crew members.
- Participates in gear, tool and equipment maintenance at the shop and in the field.
- Collecting debris from tree trimming and removal operations into piles to be handled as each job specifies. Hauling, chipping and maintaining a cleared safe work zone.
- Trimming, topping, limbing-up, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices.
- Cabling, bracing, tying, bolting, staking and guying trees and branches.
- Skills and requirements for the Climber:
- Skill and knowledge to operate and also perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner
- Skill to hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and safely lower branches with ropes, or rigging
- Skills in knot tying and practical knowledge of each used in the field.
- Minimum 1 yr Experience in the Field, preferably a Certified Arborist .
- The desire to continue skill development, advance education and maintain certifications and accreditations.
- Must have a clean driving record, CDL a plus.
ArborScape stresses importance of safety on all jobs. Being aware of dangers in the tree industry and the knowledge to avoid them. ArborScape encourages continued education and skill improvement. ArborScape’s employees are expected to promote our services and encourage networking to bring more business connections
P.O. Box 213
South Pomfret, VT 05067