Covid-19 - Resources
UPDATED MAY 26, 2020
At this time, the New England Chapter ISA is open and working 100% remotely you can reach chapter staff via e-mail or phone (978-844-0441). In line with the CDC and ISA recommendations, we have canceled or postponed all Chapter events including workshops, ISA Exams, ISA TRAQ Courses and TRAQ Renewal Courses through May 30, 2020. We are monitoring the situation carefully and will provide updates as soon as we have them. We advise that you follow precautionary measures as outlined on the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website. Stay home if you can, wash your hands often, limit contact with others, maintain a safe 6 feet of social distancing.
ISA/TCIA ESSENTIAL WORKER LETTER
As news around the COVID-19 virus evolves, and some U.S. cities and local municipalities shift to "essential work only" quarantine measures, we thought it was important to let you know that ISA has partnered with the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) to issue guidance to assist you in determining which types of tree care work should be considered "essential." Joint ISA/TCIA Essential Worker Letter.
NEW ENGLAND CHAPTER WORKSHOP AND EXAM POSTPONEMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- March 27, 2020 – Aerial Rescue Certificate Course - POSTPONED – watch our website for the rescheduled date.
- May 30, 2020 – New England ISA Tree Climbing Championship – CANCELLED – we are very disappointed to announce we will be cancelling this event. We are following ISA’s lead as they have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 ISA International Tree Climbing Championship (ITCC) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S., scheduled for 7-9 August 2020. Our focus remains on keeping our members safe.
- April 18 - Amherst, MA - All Exams Cancelled
- April 20 - Orono, ME - All Exams Cancelled
- May 29 - Keene, NH - All Exams Cancelled including Practical Tree Worker Specialist Exam
ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- New England Chapter-ISA Online Learning and CEU Opportunities pag
- May 27, 2020 - FREE Webinar - from UAA - ROW Counts! Measure ROW Biodiversity and Ecological Functioning to Add More Value in Responsibility Reporting
- May 28, 2020 - FREE Webinar - Managing a Vital Asset: Tree Inventories and Urban and Community Forest Management Plans
- ISA ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES
- Do you know of other on-line CEU opportunities? You can post them directly to our website or contact Heather Leff with the details.
ISA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - NEW DATES
After careful consideration and several weeks of discussions with officials at the Albuquerque Convention Center and the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau, ISA is moving the 2020 ISA Annual International Conference and Trade Show to December 15-17, 2020.
ISA is excited that we will have the opportunity to connect as a community to wrap up an unprecedented year and look to where the profession is headed in 2021. ISA hopes that these new dates allow time for more of our members to be able to travel, our exhibitors to operate, and our community to recover. We plan on providing more details in the coming weeks with information on registration, housing, and a new virtual conference experience for those who may not be able to join us in December.
ISA will continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, coordinating with local public health officials, and provide updates as necessary. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and staff and hosting the most successful conference possible. Thank you for your understanding and your commitment to ISA.
ISA CREDENTIAL HOLDERS
On March 17, 2020, ISA headquarters announced all paper, in-person exams will be cancelled through April 30, 2020 or whenever it is deemed safe to hold exams again. For in-person tests at Pearson VUE testing centers, appointment availability is limited due to social distancing precautions and varies by location.
ISA remains fully operational at this time and will be available by phone at 678.367.0981 from 12PM -5PM EDT. This will be effective Monday, 23 March – Monday, 30 April, and we will adjust those dates as this situation evolves. For our credential holders, we know it is difficult to earn CEUs during this time, so we will be releasing some new, complimentary CEU opportunities soon.
We have already extended the recertification periods for those credential holders set to renew within the next 30-60 days. We will continue to evaluate the impact on our credential holders as the timeline associated with this outbreak becomes clearer, and will work with you to ensure there is no negative impact on your ISA credentials due to the COVID-19 virus.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Site (CDC)
- OSHA - COVID-19 Site
- OSHA - Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- CDC - Businesses and Workplaces Guidance
- Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- Small Business Association Webinars on COVID-19 Programs (Loans, Economic Relief, Guidance, Etc.)
- CARES Act Webinar (Archived) from the National Federation of Independent Business
- CT COVID-19 Site
- ME COVID-19 Site
- “Stay Healthy at Home” Order for all Maine people through May 30. All out-of-state travelers coming into Maine, and Maine residents returning to Maine, are mandated to complete a 14-day quarantine upon arrival. Gradual reopening beginning May 1. Check state website for latest info
- Essential Services
- MA COVID-19 Site
- NH COVID-19 Site
- Stay at Home Order (2.0) Until May 31st - check state website for latest info
- Essential Services
- RI COVID-19 Site
- Re-opening plan announced - Check state website for latest info
- Checklist for businesses
- VT COVID-19 Site
- Check state website for latest info
- Essential Services