Webinar: Planning for a Silvopasture: Sustainable timber, forage and livestock (Free)
12:00 and 7:00pm –
This is an online event
Webinar: Planning for a Silvopasture: Sustainable timber, forage and livestock.
Brett Chedzoy, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County
September 16, 2020
Presentations at 12:00 to 1:00 PM and again at 7:00 to 8:00 PM (webinars may run long with questions)
This email includes details on how to connect to the forthcoming ForestConnect Webinar. The instructions below include the process for you to obtain your unique “registration id” for this month’s webinar. Note that webinars are live at noon and 7PM, for an hour each, but the meeting space is reserved from noon until 8PM. Your registration allows participation in either or both the noon and 7PM webinar, and from any computer.
With growing interest and opportunities for silvopasturing (which is the integrated production of forage, timber and livestock), what are the steps and key considerations for its successful integration into land management strategies? Brett will share the contributions of silvopasturing to his own family’s farms, and his recommendations for others to adopt this innovative agroforestry system. He will also introduce a silvopasture management plan template developed by experts from Cornell, Yale and the University of Vermont as a tool to help managers with their own projects.
Bio: Brett works regionally as a forester with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County, is the Forest Manager of Cornell’s Arnot Teaching and Research Forest, and in his spare-time owns and manages large grazing operations in Central Argentina and Upstate New York that are largely comprised of silvopastures.
- Read all these instructions.
- You need to register for each monthly webinar. There is unlimited space for participants, the ID simply provides you the necessary access. Obtain your registration ID via: https://cornell.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5IRFqn7oSYm5D-Vyqb8-3Q If prompted for a password use “Cornell”.
- The registration page prompts you for information if you want CEU credits. You must register and attend the webinar > 20 minutes if you want to receive documentation for CEU credits.
- After registration you will receive the link to the webinar and a password. Your registration is valid for either the noon or 7PM presentation. It should go without saying that you should retain that email.
- The registration email you receive provides the link you will use the day of the webinar.
SAF CFE credits have been requested or have been approved. You are able to request CEU credit documentation via the registration link below. You must connect as a participant to one of the live webinars. The webinar documents the duration of your participation. All webinars are recorded and archived at https://www.youtube.com/user/ForestConnect