8:00am – 5:00pm
Veteran Cemeteries Across New England and US
Join the Saluting Branches initiative to give back to those who gave so much. For 2019 sites in New England will include the Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery, New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery, Middletown, Connecticut Veterans Cemetery, Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery, and Massachusetts National Cemetery.
Tree care companies, arborists and industry professionals are invited to volunteer their time and talents on September 18, 2019, the fifth annual Saluting Branches day of service.
There are 119 veterans’ cemeteries throughout the country, many of which require professional arborist care for their trees. From structural pruning to removals, these veterans cemeteries need assistance to ensure their properties are safe and beautiful spaces for all who visit.
Not a Tree Worker? No Problem! We have the need for many volunteers to make this event a success.
Non-Tree Field Work Opportunities:
- Drag brush
- Rake up debris
- Pruning shrubs
- Weed planting beds
Other Volunteer Opportunities at the Event Include:
- Assisting with Setup/Take down
- Greeter/Staffing the Registration Table (help get waivers signed, hand out hats, etc)
- Being a runner between teams in the field (Bringing waters, communications, etc)
- Setting up food and refreshments
- Take photos and videos!
Prior to the Event:
- Help get the word out by talking to fellow tree companies
- Share on social media
- Contact local media outlets
- Help find us food donations for the volunteers
Contact us at [email protected] or 1-844-922-1151 to learn more about the Saluting Branches initiative and how you can help make this day a huge success.