Arbor Day Grant Application - Apply Online
In 2006, the New England Chapter- ISA created a grant to support local towns and cities in their efforts to celebrate Arbor Day. Arbor Day events should be designed to increase public awareness of the profession of arboriculture and of the importance of planting and maintaining healthy trees residing within our communities. The Arbor Day Grant was designed to help a community begin a program and for a celebration of Arbor Day to become an annual self-sustaining community event.
Municipalities, non-profit organizations, and institutions are welcome to apply. Applicant must be a member of the New England Chapter-ISA. (Membership is just $35/year. Join online today!)
GUIDELINES FOR GRANT DISTRIBUTION
1. Completed applications must be received by March 31.
2. All completed applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of the State Representatives of the NEC-ISA Board of Directors.
3. Each application will be carefully considered. Reviewers will be looking for creative events that reach a wide variety of participants or attendees. Additionally, the event which best embodies the goals of the Arbor Day Fund will be supported. Preference will be given to new applicants.
4. One award, up to $1,000 may be granted annually.
5. Grant Funding: The Arbor Day Grant is a reimbursable grant. Following the Arbor Day event, the grantee will submit receipts/invoices, and proof of payment for reimbursement.
6. Event Documentation: The grantee is required to provide supporting documentation of their Arbor Day event, including photos, programs, and/or video. Additionally, the grantee shall provide an article about the event that may be published in the NEC-ISA newsletter or other channels. Help us spread the word about the Arbor Day Grant!
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Completed application form
Commitment letter from at least one community or town official
One statement of need (250-500 words)
- Please describe your financial need to hold a community Arbor Day event. Describe your planned event along with dates and times your event will take place. Then explain why you should be chosen for this grant.
List any supporting partners that will be assisting you with the an Arbor Day Event.
If you would like to apply by mail, download the paper application.
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 31st.
Contact Heather Leff - 978-844-0441 or [email protected]